Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The difference between a keynote, a Cabinet member ... and the VP pick

I don't mind that pro-choicers Rudy Giuliani, Joe Lieberman and Arnold Schwarzenegger are scheduled to speak at the Republican convention in St. Paul. I'm a pro-life voter, but I don't mind that the party I identify with may want to showcase people who disagree with my views -- and the Republican platform -- on that topic.

But the selection of a potential vice president is different. Even different from the bureaucratically more powerful positions such as Secretary of State or Attorney General. Those people can't become President of the United States in a matter of moments, with the power to, among other things, select justices of the Supreme Court.

Sen. McCain holds a solid pro-life record. Should Sen. McCain become president, the person who could succeed him ought to have a similar record.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home